SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina: Local elections will be held in Bosnia on Oct. 5, and a special privilege will be given to survivors of the Srebrenica massacre.
People must vote where they currently live. But Parliament passed an exception for the east Bosnian town of Srebenica on Wednesday, saying people who lived there in 1991 can return to vote, no matter where they are now registered.
The goal is to get refugees to return to the once Muslim-dominated Srebrenica. It ended up in the Bosnian Serb part of the country after Serbs overran it in 1995, expelled its Muslim population and killed 8,000 men and boys in Europe’s worst massacre since World War II.
- Court confirms genocide indictment against Bosnian Serb, for murder of
1,000 people SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - Bosnia's war crimes court says a former Bosnian Serb […]
- Genocide indictment against Bosnian Serb Zeljko Ivankovic, for murder
of 1,000 Muslims in Srebrenica SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) - Bosnia's war crimes court says a former Bosnian Serb […]
- Experts exhume 360 bodies from mass grave near the village of Kamnenica The Associated PressTUZLA, Bosnia-Herzegovina: Forensic experts say they have exhumed […]
- Bosnia: Top European rights body urges arrest of Srebrenica massacre’s
architects Bosnia: Top European rights body urges arrest of Srebrenica massacre's […]
- Bosnian Grave Exhumation Yields Dozens Of Srebrenica Victims SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AFP)--Remains believed to be those of several dozen […]
- Yet another Srebrenica Mass Grave Found In Bosnia – Commission SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AFP)--A new mass grave believed to contain dozens of […]
- Bosnian Serbs admit responsibility for the Srebrenica massacre- planned
genocide BOSNIAN SERBS ADMIT SREBRENICA GENOCIDE - SAY MASSACRE OF 7,800 PEOPLE PLANNED - ISSUE […]